Helen Lucas

Higher Education Finance and Welfare Adviser
0115 838 0612

The information on this page was last updated on 11 September 2019.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

Nottingham College offers a Special Support Bursary scheme to provide financial support to students who meet certain criteria. The bursary is worth up to £1,000 depending on your household income, and will be based on your Student Finance England assessment.

It is only available to full-time higher education students and doesn't have to be paid back. There will be an application form in your Welcome Pack. In addition, the college offers an additional Care Leavers’ bursary of £2,000 for each year of university study. This gives Care Leavers a total of £3,000 per year (non-repayable).

Tick the box on the application form to confirm that you are a care leaver, and provide evidence in the form of a letter, on headed paper, from your leaving care worker, social worker, personal adviser, local authority or another professional person (such as your headteacher). Applications must be received by the deadline, Friday 1st November 2019.

We also offer an Access to Learning Fund (ALF) scheme for any Higher Education student in unexpected financial difficulty. Payments from the fund don't have to be paid back.

Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.