Student Services Manager/Deputy Designated Senior Person Safeguarding
The information on this page was last updated on 3 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Oaklands College is pleased to hold the Buttle UK Quality Mark. Our student advice team can support you with information, advice and guidance on careers, welfare and finance, and support with any safeguarding issues.
We work closely with our students, their social workers, virtual school advisers and other relevant professionals in order to ensure that you are supported throughout your college journey.
We are very keen to learn more about how we can support you and enrich your student experience, we want to hear from you. To join Oaklands student union (OSU), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You could also become an ambassdor at college, helping out at events and open evenings to earn some extra money.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
If you are a care leaver enrolling on a full-time course at Oaklands College, and you are aged 16-18, you can apply for the 16-19 guaranteed bursary. This is a payment of £1,200 paid to you over the academic year.
There is also support for 19+ students who have a household income of no more than £29,250.
You can apply from the time you enrol on your course. You can find out more by speaking to the student advice team at either campus.
The team can also be contacted by email: email@example.com, or on 01727 737000.