Perth College UHI
The information on this page was last updated on 2 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Our student support team is on hand to offer transition support to help care leavers access all courses at Perth College UHI.
We can offer pre-entry guidance and support, help with accommodation, and support and advice in relation to funding.
Our student support team can also provide learning support plans to help students manage their chosen course.
All care leavers will be offered a named support worker, who will support you throughout your time at college, helping you access more enhanced advice or counselling support if required.
We have strong links with external providers and agencies, and we can help make supported referrals if needed.
We also have on and off campus accommodation, and some of this is ring-fenced for care leavers.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Our student funding team is on hand to offer you additional support and advice in relation to what funding you are eligible to apply for, how to complete your application forms, and advice on how to evidence your claims where paperwork may be hard to obtain.