Peterborough Regional College

Nikki Pledger

Welfare Adviser
01733 762234

The information on this page was last updated on 27 August 2018.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

Although the Buttle UK Quality Mark is no longer assessed, we still maintain our recognised 'exemplary' standards in supporting our looked-after children/care leavers.

The college provides a great source of information and advice on a range of subjects, including:

  • careers advice
  • emotional support
  • faith/spirituality/belief support
  • medical support
  • welfare advice
  • support for those with learning difficulties/disabilities
  • college counsellor
  • mental health specialist
  • student finance, free college meals, childcare and travel.

We also have a youth centre, prayer and contemplation room and student common room for you to access.

The student union not only arranges fun events such as the 'Freshers' Fayre', they also represent and act as a voice for all students at the college.

The college is committed to ensuring that everyone is equally valued, and treat one another with respect. The college has a duty of care to ensure that all students are protected from different forms of harassment, and has a zero tolerance to bullying.

We remove barriers to learning. Peterborough Regional College aims to 'raise aspirations, realise potential and inspire success'.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

If you wish to study at Peterborough Regional College, we have a guaranteed bursary you can access.

If you are aged 16-19 and in care or a care leaver, you can apply for the 16-19 vulnerable bursary fund, as you may be entitled to up to £1,200 per academic year.

If you are a care leaver aged 19-21, we offer a discretionary bursary fund, and you may be entitled to up to £600.

For those of you wishing to study at University Centre Peterborough who are in care or a care leaver, you can access a progression bursary of up to £1,000 per year (maximum of £3,000).

Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.