Plymouth College of Art
The information on this page was last updated on 3 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Within the student hub, our student support team provide the following services:
- counselling, advice and guidance on mental health and wellbeing
- specialist learning support
- advice on student finance issues.
We have a preferred accommodation provider who offers Plymouth College of Art accommodation for our students. They endeavour to work with students who require year-round accommodation to find their perfect home.
We have a small but very active and friendly students' union, which offers a number of different activities for new students to help them settle in.
There is also an ever increasing number of clubs and societies, which have events throughout the year and all are welcome to join. It is a great way to meet new people and try out new things!
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
All students receive a college bursary paid in instalments over the academic year. Care leavers are also a priority group for the college's discretionary fund, which can support students with additional or unexpected course and personal costs.
We have a dedicated team for student support who can help students with issues, and more information can be found at: www.plymouthart.ac.uk/studying/learning-and-disability-support.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020