Get in touch with Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
This will send an email directly to the named contact for care leaver support.
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
The information on this page was last updated on 7 August 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
As a care leaver we will prioritise student ambassador work for you should this appeal – helping with open and visit days, school engagement projects etc.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Queen Margaret offers funding advice through Bill Stronach, our student funding adviser.
As a care leaver, we would prioritise an application from you to the discretionary (formerly hardship) fund. This means that you could receive extra help, on top of your student funding, with the cost of accommodation, travel and childcare.
We also offer a number of care-experienced bursaries via our partnership with The Robertson Trust.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020