Head of Wellbeing
0208 392 3204
The information on this page was last updated on 28 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Care leavers are an important part of our student body, and we endeavour to support you at every milestone throughout your academic journey with us.
A student welfare officer will contact you before you start university in order to introduce you to our support services, and also send you a welcome pack which includes a schedule of events, offered specifically to make you feel at home.
You will be given priority wellbeing support, such as access to counselling services, and also priority consideration for hardship applications.
We wish you the best of luck with planning your future!
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice