The information on this page was last updated on 8 January 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Care leavers are an important part of our student body, and we endeavour to support you at every milestone throughout your academic journey with us.
A Student Wellbeing Officer will contact you before you start at Roehampton to introduce you to our support services, and also send you a welcome pack which includes a schedule of events, offered specifically to make you feel at home.
You will be given priority wellbeing support, such as access to counselling services. You will also be eligible for our Care Leaver Bursary, worth £2,000 per year of undergraduate study.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Care Leavers who enrol on Undergraduate programmes at the University of Roehampton are eligible for the University of Roehampton Care Leaver Bursary, worth £2,000 per academic year, as well as priority for the Hardship Grants if all of the criteria are met. Please note that this is in addition to any other entitlement to financial support you may have.