Rotherham College of Arts and Technology
Health and Wellbeing Team Leader
The information on this page was last updated on 3 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Rotherham college is part of the RNN Group. We have a team of friendly, dedicated members of staff to support you on your learning journey.
We are committed to ensuring our looked-after young people and care leavers receive the best opportunities and support to succeed.
We also have an active student union. Registering to be part of the student union, or access to the student union for advice, can be sought via the information services desk on campus.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Care leavers aged 16-18 can apply for the college enhanced young person's bursary of £1,200 per academic year. This fund provides access to support for travel, meals and other essential costs whilst studying on a further education programme.
Care leavers aged 19+ on further education courses can apply to the discretionary learner support fund for assistance with fees where appropriate, and also support with transport, childcare and meals.
A higher education bursary fund is available, and individual applications are welcomed from care leavers.
All guidance and support for applying for financial support can be given by dedicated staff in our student services department. Please ask at the college reception to discuss your needs or career aspirations with one of our friendly team.