Royal Agricultural University
The information on this page was last updated on 22 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Our contact point for care leavers before you apply is our Student Support Manager. This is to ensure than even as a student at the Royal Agricultural University, the person you can come to for advice and guidance is the same person who helped you through the initial pre-university stage, allowing for a stronger, more personal relationship.
We offer guaranteed accommodation for care leavers, and being on a small campus means you are never far from potential friends and classes!
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Care leavers can apply for several of our bursaries and scholarships. The main ones we have are the university core bursary, which is worth a maximum of £3,000 (£1,000 for each year of study), and the RAU support bursary, which is worth £1,000 per year (up to a maximum of three years).
Remember, if you are in financial hardship you can apply for additional help from the student support fund at any point throughout the duration of your course, and irrespective of any other bursaries you have already been awarded. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.