Royal Holloway University of London
The information on this page was last updated on 28 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We offer bursaries worth £5,000 for each academic year to full-time students from England who are assessed as care leavers. The £5,000 is paid as a cash award in three instalments over the academic year.
To be eligible for this bursary, you must be applying for a full-time undergraduate degree commencing in 2018, be aged between 18 and 25, and assessed as a care leaver.
How do I apply?
There are strict guidelines that must be followed to receive this support, and supporting documentation will be required. If you think you may be eligible, please contact the bursary and scholarship team on:firstname.lastname@example.org or 01784 414240.
You must be aged between 18 and 25 and be assessed as a care leaver (a person who has been looked after by the state for at least 13 weeks since the age of 14, and who was in care on their 16th birthday).
In addition, you must:
- be from England
- have a Student Finance England verified family income of £25,000 per year or less
- be in receipt of a full government maintenance loan
- be paying at least £9,000 tuition fees.