Royal Holloway University of London

Emma Stanley

Emma Stanley

Wellbeing Adviser
01784 443395

The information on this page was last updated on 11 July 2022.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

Our Wellbeing teams are here to support you with your health and wellbeing and to help you have positive academic, personal and social experiences as a Royal Holloway student. Within our Wellbeing department team you can access support from Wellbeing Advisers, Disability Advisers, Mental Health Advisers & Practitioners, Counsellors, Money & Funding Advisers, Harassment Advisers, Chaplains and International Advisers. Drop-ins with Wellbeing Advisers, Disability Advisers and Money & Funding Advisers are available each week day during term time. We understand the broad range of needs of our student population and our dedicated Wellbeing Adviser, Emma, is available to support all care leavers to have the best experience at Royal Holloway.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

We offer bursaries worth £5,000 for each academic year to full-time students from England who are assessed as care leavers. The £5,000 is paid as a cash award in three instalments over the academic year. To be eligible for this bursary, you must be applying for a full-time undergraduate degree, be aged between 18 and 25, and assessed as a care leaver.
How do I apply?
There are strict guidelines that must be followed to receive this support, and supporting documentation will be required. If you think you may be eligible, please contact the bursary and scholarship team or 01784 414240.
Additional information
You must be aged between 18 and 25 and be assessed as a care leaver (a person who has been looked after by the state for at least 13 weeks since the age of 14, and who was in care on their 16th birthday). In addition, you must:

be from England
have a Student Finance England verified family income of £25,000 per year or less
be in receipt of a full government maintenance loan
be paying at least £9,000 tuition fees.

12 courses matching drama

Drama and Music Sandwich year
Drama and Philosophy Sandwich year
Drama with Dance Sandwich year
Drama with Film Sandwich year
Drama with Philosophy Sandwich year
English and Drama Sandwich year