Sabhal Mor Ostaig UHI
The information on this page was last updated on 30 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
A confidential counselling service is offered to all students, including care leavers.
Further information is available at: www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/en/oileanaich/seirbheisean-oileanaich/seirbheis-chomhairleachaidh/.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
You should contact student services in the first instance for information on the different types of funding available to care leavers.