South Downs College
Health and Wellbeing Manager
The information on this page was last updated on 29 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We do not offer any exclusive funding benefits for care leavers. In general we have two bursaries available:
South Devon College bursary
The South Devon College bursary entitles you to an £800 bursary package, which includes a £200 bursary that all full-time, first year university students are awarded.
To be eligible for this package, you must have studied at South Devon College within the last three academic years. This can be any course, whether it's access to higher education, A Levels or a diploma qualification.
Devon development bursary
The Devon development bursary entitles you to a £600 bursary package, which includes a £200 bursary that all full-time, first year university students are awarded.
To be eligible for this package, you must currently be progressing to university at South Devon College from a sixth form within Devon.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice