Get in touch with South East Essex College
This will send an email directly to the named contact for care leaver support.
South East Essex College
Student Services Manager (Safeguarding and Pastoral)
07287 976 355
The information on this page was last updated on 11 September 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
If you are a care leaver enrolling onto an higher education programme, your main contact to discuss funding is Grace Stickland, our undergraduate support adviser. Her contact email is: Grace.Stickland@southessex.ac.uk.
If you are a care leaver enrolling onto an higher education programme and need support with FE transition your main contact is Holly Ramsey, our widening participation officer. Her contact is: Holly.Ramsey@southessex.ac.uk
If you are a care leaver wishing to obtain FE course advice, your main contact is Abigail Tisdal, our FE course advisor. Her contact details is: Abigail.Tisdal@southessex.ac.uk
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020