Southampton City College
Student Engagement and Support Manager
The information on this page was last updated on 27 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
All students, including care leavers, can access the student adviser team at City College.
The team is available to offer you support around any issues that might have an impact on your health, safety or wellbeing.
As a care leaver, the team will be particularly concerned with ensuring that you are able to live independently in a way that supports both your wellbeing and your studies.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice