Rebecca Rothwell/Karen Marsh
Student Engagement Officer
01704 392713 or 392758
The information on this page was last updated on 3 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Our student engagement officers are here to support you at Southport College. Please contact us on 01704 392713/392758 if you would like to arrange a meeting with us, or find out more about the support we can offer.
The Information Centre can help you with:
- information, advice and guidance about courses
- careers destination advice and guidance
- higher education advice including information and support on applying for student loans
- financial assistance such as travel passes and help with kits and uniforms
- bursary funds and childcare funding
- international/EU student advice
- links to student engagement officers/safeguarding officers for personal support
- counselling support
- welfare support and housing advice
- access to the contemplation room
- links and support for students with learning difficulties/disabilities and medical needs.
To contact the Information Centre, please call 01704 392704 or email email@example.com.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
At Southport College we have a range of financial support packages designed to help meet a range of costs associated with studying.
For further information please visit our website or call into student guidance, where one of our trained advisers will be able to guide you.