St Mary's University, Twickenham
The information on this page was last updated on 4 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We are dedicated to making sure care leavers get all the help they need. We will contact you before you arrive at the university to offer a one-to-one meeting with the senior funding officer, who can offer you any help you might need before starting higher education.
We will also pay your first year accommodation deposit for you, as well as offering accommodation all year round.
We have a dedicated counselling service that is totally confidential, and offers mindfulness and meditation classes throughout the year.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We recognise that care leavers face more challenges than the average student, and so St Mary's is dedicated to making sure that you have everything you need to help with your studies.
We have a care leavers' bursary of £3,000 for each academic year of your course that you're welcome to apply for – the deadline is 1st August every year. We can also help care leavers with summer costs, as well as paying for your graduation ceremonies.
Course information from Unistats was last updated in August 2018