Sussex Downs College
The information on this page was last updated on 27 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Sussex Downs College welcomes you, and has a wide range of support services available.
As your dedicated Care Leaver Welfare Adviser, I would be your first point of contact. You will be offered support and advocacy throughout your time with us, and this can include helping you plan your next steps or deal with issues that arise for you personally.
We have an employability hub offering information, guidance and workshops on a range of things to help you move forward into employment or further training.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We are able to offer a bursary scheme, accessible for all learners, to help with travel, equipment and trips. This is not ring-fenced for care leavers and is accessed via application form. This requires an evidence-based needs assessment.
Funding information can be accessed via our on-site student information centre, and information is also available on the Sussex Downs College website.
Course information from Unistats was last updated in August 2018