The information on this page was last updated on 7 August 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Care Leavers can apply for 365 day accommodation contracts with the University if you need to stay in your accommodation during the holidays.
If you do not qualify for funding from Student Finance England due to your immigration status you can apply to the University for a Sanctuary Award: https://www.tees.ac.uk/sections/fulltime/scholarships_sanctuary.cfm
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Students who are eligible care leavers can also apply for a specific care leavers' bursary of £1,000 a year, this is non-repayable.
We can also offer the care leavers' bursary to eligible care leavers progressing onto postgraduate study.
As a full-time student at Teesside University, you can apply to the support fund based in student services if you are experiencing financial hardship, any help received from this fund is non-repayable.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020