The Engineering & Design Institute London
The information on this page was last updated on 24 June 2022.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We recognise that as a care experienced student, you may face additional challenges when considering university and we are committed to supporting you to succeed.
You can have discuss your application with our Admissions Team, who can offer advice and support on applying for the programme. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Student Hub provides several support services to ensure that you can achieve in your studies and wider aspects of student life such as your health, wellbeing and your future career. If you have any questions, please email the Student Hub email@example.com.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We offer dedicated financial support for care leavers. If you have been in full-time care for three months or longer at any time over the last five years, you will automatically be awarded a TEDI-London Care Leaver Bursary of £2,000 per year. This is not a loan: it is a gift from TEDI-London that does not have to be repaid and you can use the money for anything you want.
To be awarded a TEDI-London Care Leavers Bursary, you must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Have been in care for a period of three months or more in the last 5 years.
- Be 25 or under at the start of your programme.
- Qualify for home fee status and Student Finance maintenance support.
- Liable for the full £9,000 tuition fee.
- Not be sponsored by a company or other body.
Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.