The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts
The information on this page was last updated on 14 April 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
LIPA is a small institution where we are able to get to know our students well. We offer a good range of support to students, including a counselling service and disability support and advice.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We offer an annual £1,000 Care Leaver bursary to UK students who are under 25 and who have been in care prior to their 16th birthday for a period of six months or more. Bursaries are awarded for each year of study subject to satisfactory academic progress. The bursary is paid in two instalments each year and is applied for through the Student Support Service. All our students can access the Money Advice Service at Liverpool John Moores University for financial advice. They also manage our hardship fund, which all students can apply for in times of financial hardship.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020