The Manchester Metropolitan University

Ivan Hay

Widening Participation Officer
0161 247 5483

The information on this page was last updated on 28 August 2018.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

Hi, I'm Ivan and I'm the contact at Manchester Metropolitan University for care leavers. You can email or call me and I'll answer any questions you may have.

We always like to meet new people, and we have numerous students from a care-experienced background who can give you advice. We also have lots of support staff to help with your studies, emotional, financial and general wellbeing.

If you would like to know more, or would like to visit, then call or email and I'll be happy to answer your queries.

Take care, Ivan

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

At MMU we have a student financial support team, who can answer all your queries about student finance. We are your first contact with regards to all things financial.

You can telephone us on 0161 247 1045, or email us at:

2 courses matching Zoology

Zoology Manchester
BSc Unistats
Zoology Manchester
MBiol Unistats