The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama

Victoria Edwards

Victoria Edwards

Access and Participation Manager
0207 559 3926

The information on this page was last updated on 8 August 2019.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

Central’s programme of support ensures that care leaver students are fully supported from the point of application until the completion of undergraduate study. Central provides this tailored programme to students on a case-by-case basis including financial, academic and pastoral support.

This includes:

  • A nominated member of staff who can act as a key point of contact for care leavers. The point of contact will be able to refer applicants to our various support services.
  • Accommodation: Central has an allocation in the University of London’s Intercollegiate Halls. There are also several private Halls of Residence close to Central. Students also rent in shared houses with other Central students and we run Sharers’ Days to help people with this process.

Central offers pre entry support on a case by case basis – working with each applicant individually to offer the most appropriate support.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

We have a bursary for care leavers of £1000 per academic year. This fund is to contribute to living costs and costs associated with studying. This is split into two payments of £500 a year and students are in control of when they want it.

We also recognise that graduating from University can be an anxious time financially and offer a £500 exit bursary to support the transition of student to graduate.