The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
Partnerships and Placements Manager
0207 559 3926
The information on this page was last updated on 3 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
At the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, we are committed to increasing the number of care leavers accessing higher education. We understand that the application and registration process can be particularly stressful for care leavers, and so we have a range of support available.
A nominated member of staff will act as a key point of contact for care leavers. The point of contact will be able to refer you to our various support services.
Accommodation: Central has an allocation in the University of London’s Intercollegiate Halls. There are also several private halls of residence close to Central. Students also rent in shared houses with other Central students, and we run sharers’ days to help people with this process.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We have a bursary for care leavers of £1,000 per academic year. This fund is to contribute to your living costs and costs associated with studying.
We also have a hardship fund that care leavers are a priority group for – the fund is available throughout the academic year.