The University of Bradford
Senior Outreach and Recruitment Officer
The information on this page was last updated on 8 April 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Throughout your time at the University of Bradford we want to ensure that you feel supported in your studies. We can offer support across all areas of your university experience, including:
Help with sorting out your finances, money management and budgeting
Access to support services including Counselling, Childcare, Disability and Careers Guidance.
Access to the University of Bradford Student Ambassador programme
A peer mentor
Dedicated care leaver champions in each faculty and support service
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
A Care Experienced Students’ Grant of £1,000 a year is available to all students who have previously been in local authority care and have a household income of less than £30,000 per year. The Grant is paid each year at the end of May, but we can consider earlier payments based on individual needs.
Additional financial help is also available from the University’s Student Support Fund which, depending on circumstances, can award grants of up to £2,000 a year. Care experienced students have priority access to the Fund and it is open to them all year round.
You will also have a dedicated Money Adviser contact to help you with your finances and funding throughout your time at Bradford. This support is available from pre-application through to graduation.