The University of Central Lancashire
The information on this page was last updated on 27 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
At the University of Central Lancashire we will support you from the moment you are thinking of applying, until you graduate.
We have a range of services available, and dedicated contacts for you to use if you have any questions, worries or concerns.
We run aspirational events to help you decide if higher education is for you, and an admissions officer you can contact if you need any guidance with your application.
Once you are here we offer year-round accommodation, plus a bursary, and we will tailor any additional support to your individual needs.
The university works closely with the students' union to ensure a wide range of support is available to all our students.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
The university offers a range of support and services to help all students, but especially students who may need a little extra assistance because they are from care, or estranged from their parents.
We understand that at different stages of your university life you may need different types of support and advice, or none, depending on your own individual needs, and will tailor the support to suit you.
Our care leaver bursary is worth £1,000 per year. The bursary is paid in four instalments of £250. The exact payment dates will be notified nearer the time, however the approximate timings are below:
• end of September (or date of application, whichever is sooner)
• beginning of December
• beginning of March
• end of May.