The University of Chichester
The information on this page was last updated on 3 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Please see our webpage for care leavers and download our brochure: www.chi.ac.uk/study-us/student-services/care-leavers.
We guarantee university accommodation for care leavers, and this can extend to 365 days a year (at current rates) for those who need it.
We offer a named student adviser throughout your time with us, who will be available to provide accessible and confidential support.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We offer a care leavers' bursary of £1,000 a year, and we also provide a support package for students on a low household income.
The University of Chichester hardship fund is additional support available to any student, but care leavers are one of the priority groups.
Please contact us or visit our website for up-to-date information: www.chi.ac.uk/study-us/fees-finance/our-financial-support-package.