The University of East Anglia
The information on this page was last updated on 23 September 2020.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
The university offers a wide range of pre-university outreach and enrichment activities, including webinars, workshops, residential trips and daytime taster visits. These offer you the opportunity to gain insight into university life in a fun and supportive environment, and we welcome applications from care-experienced students at all of these events.
Care-experienced students can also apply for assistance with travel costs to attend university open days.
For more information about any of these opportunities, please contact Liz Ferguson in the outreach team at email@example.com.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We currently offer a care leaver bursary of £2,500 a year for up to four years of undergraduate study. You don't need to apply, so long as you identify yourself as a care leaver on your UCAS form, and provide the necessary evidence of your status after you begin your course.
Our team of student finance advisers can provide you with information and help to avoid your time at UEA being spoiled by unnecessary money worries.
UEA also offers a range of scholarships, including targeted support for asylum seekers and those with discretionary leave to remain. Scholarship funding does not need to be repaid, and could be used to help with accommodation and other living costs.