Get in touch with The University of Edinburgh
This will send an email directly to the named contact for care leaver support.
The University of Edinburgh
The information on this page was last updated on 17 August 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We are committed to doing all we can to help care leavers and students with care experience to apply to, and successfully study at, the University of Edinburgh.
We can offer:
advice on funding and accommodation;
UCAS advice; support to get a part-time job and careers support for after university;
a staff mentor;
a named contact to keep in touch with you throughout your degree.
Please take a look at what help we can offer you – including our admissions pledge for care leavers – on our website here: https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/access-edinburgh/carers-care-experience/care-experienced
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
If you are care-experienced, you will automatically be awarded an Access Edinburgh Scholarship. There is more information about this funding on our Scholarships and Student Funding page: www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding/undergraduate/uk-eu/loans-grants.
We also work with the Unite Foundation to offer support for accommodation expenses: www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding/undergraduate/uk-eu/access-awards/unite.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020