The University of Hull

Richard James Grout

Student Engagement Officer
01482 463430

The information on this page was last updated on 22 November 2021.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

We can offer information, advice and guidance before you make an application to help with your decision-making process, as it is important that you make informed choices. We organise specific events, and can help you with information on issues such as your UCAS application and student funding. A member of the team can be contacted by email ( with any queries you may have before you make your application.
Once you have made your UCAS application, Richard James Grout ( will contact you. Richard will be able to answer your questions, provide information, and help with any issues you may have. Richard is also able to support you throughout your studies, to help you get the most out of your time here and achieve success. This can include help and support with personal issues, as well as university-related matters.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

The University of Hull offers a care leavers' grant, which is worth £2,000 per year. If you have experience of care, but do not meet the criteria for the grant, we can make you a discretionary grant payment. You should ensure that you indicate on your UCAS application that you have experienced care, and we will contact you with further information. The university also administers a hardship fund, which can be applied for by registered students who are experiencing financial difficulties.

1 courses matching drama

Drama and Theatre Practice University of Hull - Hull