The University of Keele
The information on this page was last updated on 11 April 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Keele University is committed to supporting students from a care background. We can provide a package of support to help you before you arrive, and throughout your time at university.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Care leavers may be eligible for a specific cash bursary, subject to eligibility criteria.
As a care leaver you may also be eligible for other non-repayable support from Keele University. We offer a range of bursaries and scholarships. Visit www.keele.ac.uk/studentfunding to find out more information about our bursaries and scholarships, and how to apply.
We also offer Article 26 sanctuary scholarships to students from an asylum-seeking background, or those that have some form of temporary immigration status, and do not have access to student finance.
For more information about how to apply for this scholarship please visit: www.keele.ac.uk/article26