Get in touch with The University of Kent
This will send an email directly to the named contact for care leaver support.
The University of Kent
Rebecca Jones (pre-reg) Rachel Levy (post-reg)
Designted Members of Staff for Care Leavers
01227 827143 (Rebecca) 01227 816164 (Rachel)
The information on this page was last updated on 28 August 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
You will receive £600 at the start of your degree to spend as you wish on any items you might need as you settle in. You will receive £1,500 in your first, second and third year. Students studying a full time four year undergraduate programme with a sandwich year or an integrated Masters year will receive a further cash bursary of £1,500. These amounts will be paid in two instalments each year, one in December and the other in March. All students are able to apply to our access to learning fund, this is a hardship fund for those in financial need. Students can also apply for small loans.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020