Get in touch with The University of St Andrews
This will send an email directly to the named contact for care leaver support.
The University of St Andrews
Senior Education Liaison Officer
The information on this page was last updated on 8 August 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
All students considering applying to university require a great deal of information to make the best decisions for their future. Students who have had experience of being in care may need additional information during the application process.
The University of St Andrews has two care experienced support coordinators, Laura Houston and Joanna McCulloch, who act as a point of initial contact for care experienced individuals who are thinking of applying to the University. Laura and Joanna also offer ongoing support and impartial guidance as required and can direct applicants and students to relevant support services within the University.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We have a range of financial aid for undergraduates. Care leaver status and your personal circumstances will be taken into account in the scholarship selection process. There are also a number of other types of financial support, including the university's discretionary fund, which can be accessed at any point within your studies here.
You can find out more about scholarships, bursaries and financial aid in the Fees and Funding section of our website.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020