The University of Sunderland
Head of Widening Access and Participation
0191 515 3802
The information on this page was last updated on 22 October 2020.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Starting university is a new adventure for everyone. We are fully committed to providing the best support to suit your needs - we want to make sure that studying here is as enjoyable and straight forward as possible.
We provide a personalised support package for each of our care experienced students. This is agreed with you and tailored to your individual needs - whether you need accommodation year round, summer storage, help moving in, a coffee catch up meeting or help with any academic issues. Whatever you need, we're here to help. See our webpages or contact us now to find out more. We look forward to hearing from you.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Our 'We Care' Bursary offers £2,000 cash for each year that you progress through your course. We also have a range of other scholarships on offer including free travel, accommodation discounts and cash. Use our Scholarships Calculator now to find out how much you could be eligible to receive. https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/calculator/
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020