The University of Surrey
The information on this page was last updated on 14 June 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
For any enquiries with regards to applying to the University of Surrey, please contact Rob Thatcher (Senior Widening Participation and Outreach Officer)T: 01483 68 8944 E: email@example.com
Please get in touch with Javayria Masood, Student Success Manager at The University of Surrey e: firstname.lastname@example.org , if you have any questions in relation to current support that The University of Surrey provides for Care Leavers.
Javayria manages The Student Success Team which provide one-to-one pastoral support and specialist advice for Care Leavers.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
You can apply through the In2Surrey scheme to receive a reduced grade offer and scholarship (https://www.surrey.ac.uk/schools-colleges/in2surrey)You may also eligible for the care leaver bursary for the duration of your studies (https://www.surrey.ac.uk/fees-and-funding/scholarships-and-bursaries/care-leavers-bursary-2019)
Care Leavers are also eligible for our Care Leaver Bursary https://www.surrey.ac.uk/fees-and-funding/scholarships-and-bursaries/care-leavers-bursary-2020
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020