The University of West London

Jenny Tait

Jenny Tait

Outreach Team Leader
0208 231 2915

The information on this page was last updated on 7 August 2019.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

We are proud to have been awarded the Buttle UK Quality Mark for good practice and commitment to supporting young people in, and leaving, care. Support is available for looked after children and care leavers who are interested in applying to the university, as well as care leavers currently studying here, and those progressing from the university into employment.

If you are a care leaver, here are some ways we can support you:

  • pre-entry support: support with the application and admissions' process, including one-to-one and group information, advice and guidance sessions
  • finance and funding advice: aspiration and outreach events, including bespoke visits, subject-specific taster days and guide university open days
  • support with the cost of travel to University of West London events
  • support to help you make informed choices
  • support for current students
  • year-round accommodation for care leavers, which means you can live in university residences during Christmas, Easter and summer breaks
  • financial support and bursaries
  • placement and careers support
  • mentoring
  • designated point of contact from the wellbeing team, who act as a first point of contact for any questions about your study, accommodation, finances or university life in general.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

If you are a care leaver and come to the University of West London, you will be eligible for £1,000 to help you towards the cost of living. We can also guarantee you accommodation for 365 days of the year.You will be able to apply for our discretionary hardship fund, and will receive additional support from our student services team when making your application. All of our scholarships can be found on our website.

1 courses matching Social Work

Social Work Ealing / Brentford