The information on this page was last updated on 16 April 2021.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Trafford College provides mentors who will introduce themselves to care experienced students at the start of their course to discuss the type and amount of support required for the individual. We also offer counselling which the students can self refer to.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
Care leavers are entitled to the vulnerable bursary of £1200 which is payable over 36 weeks. They also receive a daily food allowance to be spent in the canteen on the days they are in college. Trafford College will also provide any kit required to complete their course.