Tresham College of Further and Higher Education

Erica Knight

Erica Knight

Executive Assistant

The information on this page was last updated on 23 June 2021.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

The Bedford College Group offer a Care Leavers Bursary for all Care Leavers or former Looked After Children who enroll onto a Higher National Certificate (HNC) course at one of our sites. The bursary is a one off payment of £500. We offer HNCs in the Arts, Business, Computing, Construction, Engineering, Land Based Studies, and Science. A Care Leaver is defined as an adult who has spent time living in the care system, away from their family. This could with a foster family, in a children's home or supported housing service, or under another arrangement as agreed by their social worker. Young people usually leave care when they are 18 years old.A Looked After Child (LAC) is a child who has been in the care of their local authority for more than 24 hours. Looked After Children are also often referred to as Children In Care.

Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.