University Centre Weston
The information on this page was last updated on 3 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We hold the Buttle UK Quality Mark, and can offer support for all our care leavers.
We have guaranteed student accommodation all year round for care leavers. We also have a dedicated team offering specialist support who can help with all aspects of uni life – from mental health support to academic study skills support.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We have a named contact who will help you with applying for your funding, and ensure you apply for all the additional funding that you may be entitled to. We can offer guidance and support with the mindfield that is student finance!
Course information from Unistats was last updated in August 2018