Get in touch with University College Birmingham
This will send an email directly to the named contact for care leaver support.
University College Birmingham
The information on this page was last updated on 8 August 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Our student services team is a one-stop shop dedicated to enhancing your student experience. We are here to help you make the most of your time at University College Birmingham, and are able to offer support with the student finance application process, and help solve any issues you may experience.
Our health and wellbeing team offers confidential appointments should you need someone to talk to, and our Financial Support team can help you make the most of your money - offering budgeting services and helping you to access hardship funds if necessary.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
University College Birmingham offers a specific care leaver offer for first year undergraduate students. Further information is available on our website (http://www.ucb.ac.uk/learning-and-support-services/financial-support/financial-support).
All new full-time undergraduate students (Home or EU) joining us will be eligible for our new Kick-Start Scheme, giving up to £800 per year to spend on the things you need for university. To find out more, please visit our website.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020