University of Bedfordshire
The information on this page was last updated on 13 September 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
The university is committed to supporting you in achieving and gaining your degree to the highest standard. We work closely with local authorities (with students' consent) to support care leavers into university, and offer a range of outreach, from primary to adults returning to education.
We can offer you help such as guaranteed accommodation, academic learning support through peer-assisted learning or emotional wellbeing support, plus much more. We offer you a one-to-one interview explaining the full range of support available.
Our student support team offers a variety of services to help you throughout your time at university, from counselling, mentoring, financial support and guidance through to mental health support – we are here for you every step of the way. Our academic team also offers support with assignments and assessments, helping you get the best achievable result to support you into employment.
We are here to help if you are unsure about university or are planning to attend one of our open days – get in touch and we will be happy to chat to you about everything higher education.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice