University of Plymouth

Louise Baker/Nadine Johns

Care Leaver Team
01752 586733/01752 587961

The information on this page was last updated on 28 August 2018.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

The care leaver service at Plymouth University holds the Buttle UK Quality Mark and provides confidential support, if you want or need us, from before you apply through to graduation.

As well as accommodation in university halls of residence 52 weeks of the year if you want it (if eligible), we offer help with your application and move to university, access to lots of social and skills-enhancing opportunities while you are studying, and support for graduation and life beyond university.

We offer regular catch ups with a designated care leaver support worker, who you can keep throughout your course, optional socials with other care leavers, and as much or as little practical (especially financial) and moral support as you require.

You can find information about all of this and more at:

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

We offer all new care leaver students a £200 voucher to help with the cost of buying the essentials for your student accommodation (criteria apply).

We also offer support in accessing other relevant funding, such as the Plymouth University financial support fund. The Unite Foundation Scholarship Scheme at University of Plymouth now offers successful scholars three separate years (365 days per year) of free accommodation in a designated Unite student property. 

You can find out more about this at:

More information, eligibility criteria and application forms can be found at:


2 courses matching Music

Music Plymouth University
Primary (Music) Plymouth University
BEd Unistats