University of St Mark and St John
The information on this page was last updated on 27 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
As a care leaver, you can apply for a university care leavers' bursary of £2,000 per academic year.
This is paid at the end of each academic year, to help tide you over the summer until your grants and loans for the next year are available in the autumn, but in exceptional circumstances it can be accessed early.
All students can also apply for help from the university hardship fund if they are in financial difficulty during their studies.
Our Student Funding Adviser, Debbie Smitham, can advise on any queries regarding the care leavers' bursary, university hardship funds or general funding advice: firstname.lastname@example.org.