University of Wales Trinity Saint David
The information on this page was last updated on 2 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We belong to the CLASS Cymru network.
We have a nominated contact on each of our three main campuses, and these details can be found on our website.
We guarantee accommodation for care leavers, and can offer you 365-day accommodation if you require it.
Your nominated contact can offer you practical and emotional support, led by you and your individual needs. This service is confidential and available year-round.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We offer one-to-one support with all aspects of coming to university, from filling in your UCAS form to applying for student finance and accommodation. Support continues throughout your studies, as we offer practical and emotional support during your time at the university.
You can access this service as often or as little as you require, but we do like to meet you just to say hello and to ensure that you know what support is available, just in case you ever need us.