Waltham Forest College

Jessica Kabra/Urmi Medhi/Nicola Sands

Jessica Kabra/Urmi Medhi/Nicola Sands

Welfare and Wellbeing Officers
0208 501 8104/8113

The information on this page was last updated on 7 August 2017.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

The Welfare and Wellbeing Team at Waltham Forest College can provide you with advice and guidance, and, when necessary, referral to external organisations for specialist support relating to welfare, benefits, student finance and personal issues. The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Our BeSafe team can assist you with issues relating to safety.

We have qualified counsellors who provide one-to-one, confidential personal counselling to enrolled students. This gives you the opportunity to safely explore your thoughts and feelings.

The college learning support team can provide additional support for any learning needs, for example support for dyslexia.

We have a careers advice team who can help you to develop your personal statement for university, create a CV, practise interview skills, and search and apply for work and future career prospects.

All of our services are free, confidential, impartial and non-judgmental.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

We do not have additional funding available to students enrolled on higher education courses. Students will have to apply for external financial support through the Student Loans Company for higher education.

We have some funding available and support with tuition fees for students enrolled on further education courses (level 3 and below). Please contact us directly for more information about what you might be eligible for.

Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.