West Highland College UHI

Chrissy Harris

Guidance Officer
01397 874380

The information on this page was last updated on 15 August 2019.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

We have a whole team of people ready to help you make the most of your time with us.

We can offer practical support such as pre-entry guidance and assistance with applying for funding, but as a small college we have the advantage that we get to know our students personally, and can offer you advice or help for other problems as well.

We will meet with you before you come to college to make sure you are getting all the help you are entitled to, and we will meet with you again after induction just to clear up any lingering questions you might have.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

We can help you with any queries you may have applying for your SAAS and student loan. We can explain what you are entitled to, and answer any questions you might have. We can also help you to complete a hardship application.If you need any help please contact our funding officer – Ann Gillies ann.gillies.whc@uhi.ac.uk and she will make an appointment to meet with you.