The information on this page was last updated on 4 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
If you are a care leaver and would like further information, advice or guidance please contact York College student services, via the contact details to the left.
In addition to college pastoral services, a named person is available for one-to-one advice by visiting the HelpZone on the first floor (room 1F096). This is a specific service for those in care, or care leavers.
For further information on funding, applying for a course, or the support on offer for our students, please visit the pages on our website: www.yorkcollege.ac.uk.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
A guaranteed bursary is available to all students who identify as care leavers.
Course information from Unistats was last updated in August 2018