York College

Jenny Edwards

Safeguarding Officer
01904 770471

The information on this page was last updated on 18 August 2022.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

If you are a care leaver and would like further information, advice or guidance please contact York College Student Services, via studentservices@yorkcollege.ac.uk

In addition to college pastoral services, a named person is available for one-to-one advice by visiting the Your Experience Hub on the ground floor. This is a specific service for those in care, or care leavers.

For further information on funding, applying for a course, or the support on offer for our students, please visit the pages on our website: www.yorkcollege.ac.uk.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

A guaranteed bursary is available to all students who identify as care leavers. Emergency loans can be applied for throughout ther academic year by booking an appopintment with the college funding team.

1 courses matching child

Young Childrens Learning & Development Sim Balk Lane Foundation