The information on this page was last updated on 7 August 2019.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
If you are a care leaver and would like further information, advice or guidance please contact York College student services, via the contact details to the left.
In addition to college pastoral services, a named person is available for one-to-one advice by visiting the HelpZone on the first floor (room 1F096). This is a specific service for those in care, or care leavers.
For further information on funding, applying for a course, or the support on offer for our students, please visit the pages on our website: www.yorkcollege.ac.uk.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
A guaranteed bursary is available to all students who identify as care leavers.
Emergency loans can be applied for throughout ther academic year by booking an appopintment with the college funding team.