Burton and South Derbyshire College

Emily Vinall

Wellbeing and Progress Coordinator
01283 494450

The information on this page was last updated on 9 September 2019.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

We hold the Buttle UK Quality Mark. I also manage the students' union, so please feel free to contact me in regards to this. We have an in-house counsellor that all learners can access, and we also work with several partner organisations to ensure any support you may need is accessible.

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

We have a bursary that is available to any looked-after child or care leaver, as long as you were in care on your 16th birthday.You are also able to apply for our student financial support, such as the travel grant, healthy living, enrichment and wellbeing grants.

Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.