The information on this page was last updated on 27 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We have a dedicated team of progress coaches, who can liaise with carers/carers' organisations – and most importantly with you – to offer you the support you need.
The coaches will help you with academic support, but also concentrate on pastoral support, any housing issues and liaise with workers to best support you.
They can contribute to personal education plans and look at next steps with you.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
We provide a vulnerable young person's bursary for 16-18 year olds for those learners in care/leaving care.
We also have 19 and 24+ bursaries that are discretionary and consider those in care/leaving care for support.
We also provide travel for those within three miles of main campus.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020